First of all, I finally got the script into screenplay format using the program Scott gave me, but it cannot copy and paste over to Word and retain its structure, so with the exception of the scripts for Andy, Kelly, Rob and myself, most scripts will contain only the pages that concern the specific character. That is, unless I can find a Kinkos that has the same program on their computers to have the script mass-printed.
One of the things I would like to accomplish this week is a full script read-through. Obviously, since we haven't yet cast some of the parts, this means that some folks will need to read two or three separate parts. Also, Matt and i will be meeting separately on Saturday to go over some script notes, so there are liable to be a few changes. Nonetheless, I will be making the latest draft available for download later tonight. The version you'll be downloading is a Word document, so that you'll be able to open it.
Also, one thing that was brought up as a cost saving measure was raiding the rubbish bins at construction sites and large hardware/lumber chains. I have no problem with this, but I would like some help. If anyone has any ideas how to get to some of these sites and get as much as possible, I'd really appreciate it. Anyone with a truck would be helpful.
The meeting will be on Sunday, starting at roughly 5pm (Earlier if possible, but I know Andy has fighter practice at his place on Sundays as well, so I'm hesitant to impose too much) at Andy's house. If you can possibly download and print out your own copies of the Word version of the script, it would be helpful. A link will be posted tonight to do so.
I was thinking... What about something like THIS
for the SoR prop itself?
Once again, it's time to get together to hash out the details of this beautiful geek pastiche called, DOCTOR WHO: COHESION
When: Sunday, July 10th
Where: Probably either my place or Andy's
Who: Exactly, Brigadier, Exactly!
So, yeah... Notice and stuff! Please RSVP ASAP or we'll be SOL in BFE!
Current Music: Terminal Frost - Pink Floyd
You can get a rough idea of what it's going to look like by clicking here!
There will be more later, and i do need some info from some folks regarding their bios on the site.
Once we start shooting, I would like someone handy taking snapshots while we're filming for the site.
Meant to simultaneously crosspost this in here, but LJ must've eaten it!
Since some of the folks who expressed interest in participating in the production of Cohesion will be in Vegas this weekend, the planned meeting will be an unofficial meeting, and it will pretty much run all weekend...
Here's the scoop: If you're going to be in town and want to get together with me regarding the film this weekend, let me know when and how is good for you. I will have Evelyn all day on Saturday, so anyone who wants to drop by, see the baby and talk TimeLord Turkey is more than welcome. I do plan on skipping off Saturday night and just doing something on my own, but the daytime is open.
Sunday, I would like to coordinate with Andy and Kelly (Providing they don't decide at the last minute to go to Vegas for the con) to have a slightly more structured meeting in the afternoon.
I do want to have a sructured and timed read-through of at least part One with at least two other people, so I can get an idea of how much needs to be cut/added to each part of the story to make them approximately 23 minutes apiece, including opening and closing title sequences, and approximately 1 to 3 minutes worth of establishing shots/amusing stuff per episode.
So, if you're going to be in town and want to set something up, please reply with your preferred day, time and situation.
Anyone have any idea what it should cost to have the Cohesion script printed out? If I can get it done for less than $5 a copy, I can afford to provide full scripts to all of the major characters.|
I also need to find a way to convert it into a more legitimate screenplay layout. Any ideas?
|» Important Question|
Now that it appears the episode is going to be named Cohesion, I think now is probably a good time to start working on a website to promote it. I will be hosting it as a subdomain of the Boritom site. Here's what I need:|
- Cast Pictures: I need pics for the site. I'd like costumed pics for The Doctor, The Master and Jenyse. We'll need to have a meeting/photo shoot some time in the next couple of weeks, so whomever would like to be our staff shutterbug(s), reply to this post.
- Graphics: I'm not too shabby with photoshop, but I would not mind in the least if someone were to either take the logo I've proposed and shine it up a bit, modify one of the classic logos from the original series, or even create an all new logo to use for the film.
- Biographies: If you plan on helping, a little something about yourself would be nice for the site. This is, of course, voluntary, but I do need everyone's Preferred names. In other words, if you prefer to use a pseudonym in the credits, or you just don't like your name and want it to appear differently, or you just want to make absolutely certain I have no excuse for misspelling your name, post it to this message as well.
I'll think of more as we go along...
|» Most recently Updated version of the Script|
Is available HERE!|
Many of the changes I want to make are yet to come, but I wanna keep motivated on this!
|» Side Note on the "Business" post earlier.|
I've decided we need 2 types of release forms. One a standard performer release, the other a performer release/Parental consent form.|
I initially resolved not to cast anyone for the film who was under 18. There's 2 problems with that:
1. No guarantee we'll be able to fill all the roles with that restriction in place
2. There is no material in the script to warrant it. No profanity, no adult situations... No tit shots ;-)
Therefore, if we find an actor who seems perfect for the part they're reading for, there's no reason we should have to give them up just cause they look 20 but are only 16 or 17. If they're a good actor, and they are reliable and will show up for shoots on time and ready to go, as long as they can pass for the age of the character, I have no problem.
The same is true the other way. I'm already planning on probably having Shannon Ceranski play one of the 20-something girls in the thing, and I may be getting on in years, but I don't Think I look 1,242 years old... do I? ;-)
Shortly, I will be posting a list of the characters yet to be casted, and the basic types I am looking for in each. I would appreciate it if y'all would keep your eyes out among the Trannies, or other places for possibles.
|» Business Post|
Before we start casting the roles that are still open, or for that matter, finalizing many of the roles we already have cast, I think we need a few items for legal reasons:|
1. Releases: We need to create releases similar to the ones we used to use for Video Difficulties indicating that this is a Not-For-Profit venture, and that nobody in the film can necessarily expect any kind of financial compensation.
2. Guidelines: We need to set up exactly what we expect of our performenrs in terms of attendance, conduct on the set, and who to go to for what.
3. Casting Types: This will largely be the responsibility of Andy and I in terms of deciding what type we need for each role, but would anyone be willing to be the casting director for the film?
4. Finances: Unfortunately, there is not a philanthropic society for supplying funds to independant, non-profit filmmakers, so we need to set up a central coffee can of sorts where anyone who can help out with some funding knows where it is going and who is in charge of it. You do not want ME in charge of that, I'll tell you right now. I'm a scatterbrained flibbertyjibbit when it comes to money. So, any volunteers?
There's more to consider, and I haven't even begun serious price checking on materials to build our props, so after the June 18th Backseat show, I would really like to have a meeting to hash out some of these details. Preferably on a Saturday when Kelly can also be there (hopefully).
Finally, I will pretty much be eeny-meanying the new title of the story, based on the following choices:
° The Price of the Soul
° Fool's Coven
° The Curse of Rassilon
Anyone have any specific comments on any of these items of interest, please reply to this post!